by Emily Vickers
Yeah, I said it. We might be stuck inside, but that doesn’t mean we have to go on without live music performances! One of my favorite past times during the summer is going to concerts. While we’re all doing our best to adjust to this new normal, we have the option of watching all of our favorite musicians from the comfort of our own home (and without the outrageous food and drink prices). As a concert-lover stuck in a house full of other concert-lovers, here’s a list of reoccurring or streamable live performances, interviews, and concert throwbacks and more to kick-start your own online summer concert series:
- On April 1st, Jason Mraz shared that he’ll go live every Wednesday at noon on his YouTube Channel. He also has an album releasing on June 19th!
- Bright Minded: Live with Miley! Join Miley Cyrus as she invites special guests to talk about how to “stay LIT” during the time of coronavirus.
- Billboard has presented a project called “Billboard Live At-Home Performances,” which features mini performances on Facebook Live.
- Radiohead released footage from their October 2000 concert ‘Live From a Tent In Dublin.”
- Pink Floyd is releasing long-awaited footage of their past concerts on their YouTube page every Friday at 11 a.m.
- One World: Together at Home Global Special featured Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, The Killers, and many more!
If you’re STILL bored after this, check out the social media pages of your favorite musicians to see if they are having special at-home tribute or fundraising concerts.